My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I have been married to my hunky husband, Jeff, for 21 years! We have three quirky but quite wonderful children--Brittany (20) David (17) and Christian (14); two neurotic dogs and six black cats. Life is always chaotic in our home, yet I never give up hope that one day I will finally achieve my dream of domestic organization

Friday, January 20, 2006

Hello all -

With the encouragement of my husband and nephew, I am going to give bloggin' a try... I have pledged many times over the past year or so to write more, maybe even keep a daily journal, but alas--my disorginization has gotten the best of me, and I have failed. Maybe this will help inspire me to greater and greater writing feats! And of course, you all know how much I LOVE praise, so heap it on me!

It is a typical bleak Indiana winter day, although I can't complain about the 50+ degree weather. I just miss the leaves and green things! Christian is endeavoring to inspire me in song, kind of his version of what a nun might sound like. He is full of chatter today about his life's ambitions. He still dreams of being a professional baseball player, however as he matures and reality sets in, he is coming to accept that perhaps this isn't in the works! He is now trying to decide between being a secret agent or a real estate agent! Should the agent thing not come to fruition, he thinks he might like to manage a radio station. The random variety of his goals amuses me. I have assured him that due to his present effort in school, I believe a job at the Circle S convenience store might be looking good.

It is David's birthday today! 14 years old. You should see his mop of hair right now. He looks like a mushroom--a disturbing trend I've noticed among his peers. We are currently in negotiations over it. I am busy (at least until I got distracted doing this) getting his presents wrapped and his birthday dinner made. Brittany invited Gumdrop (the boyfriend!) over as well, but I'm waiting to see if he's coming or not before I decide how clean the house needs to be. David is trying to learn to play the drums. Praise the Lord, he practices at church! Time will tell whether he's inherited the Graves talent for music, or the Clark's complete lack of it.

Oh dear, I just looked out the window only to notice Christian playing with the dog, wearing only David's P.E. shorts and some water shoes. I could swear he had more clothes on than that just a few moments ago. Perhaps it's time for me to wrap this up for now...

1 Comments:

Blogger Ando said...

A worthy first entry. I admire Christian's career goals. Maybe he can become a secret agent who's cover is a real estate agent who moonlights at a radio station. Or he can hire himself out at parties as a Presidential trivia savant.

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home