My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I have been married to my hunky husband, Jeff, for 21 years! We have three quirky but quite wonderful children--Brittany (20) David (17) and Christian (14); two neurotic dogs and six black cats. Life is always chaotic in our home, yet I never give up hope that one day I will finally achieve my dream of domestic organization

Thursday, January 26, 2006

I'm back...

Well, I proudly showed my husband my very first blog entry, only to receive a lukewarm review from him, however he felt guilty for not lavishing praise on me and I got a pretty good back rub out of it. All in all, a success!

I have been sick since Saturday. I look a mess, sound worse and am basically completely repulsive. Fortunately, I feel too sick to care! Jeff keeps complaining about finding my kleenex all over the house, however I have stashed it everywhere in the event of an unexpected sneeze! I have managed to thumb through all my back issues of Creating Keepsakes this week, so when I do feel better, and rid my home of the 'a tornado just blew through' look, I am chalk-full of new scrapbooking ideas! One article I really found helpful was encouraging me to do a scrapbook page about what a sexy woman I am... celebrate me! Maybe I could use a nice phlegm colored background to really capture the current me!

Brittany is quite anxious for me to mend so I can take her prom dress shopping. A first for both of us. I offered to go in halves with her, generously committing to $25. Did you know that it's hard to come by a prom dress for $50. Apparently they don't sell them at Target or Walmart. She did a little online browsing and swooned over a little $238 number. Something about it 'calling her name!' We will definitely need to come to a compromise between my trash bag with arm holes ideas, and her cinderella dream. She's also trying to pressure Jeff into letting her go tanning. So far he's holding firm. We are trying to teach her to value her skim-milky complexion! It's just not natural to be tan in Indiana in April. By April we haven't seen the sun in months...

Gotta run, all this has exhausted me. Must resume my position on the couch under my warm electric blanket...

1 Comments:

Blogger Ando said...

Brittany, resist the tanning urge. You don't want to look like a carrot. Trust me, milky-white is the wave of the future. Look where it's gotten me! I have my own blog!

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home