My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I have been married to my hunky husband, Jeff, for 21 years! We have three quirky but quite wonderful children--Brittany (20) David (17) and Christian (14); two neurotic dogs and six black cats. Life is always chaotic in our home, yet I never give up hope that one day I will finally achieve my dream of domestic organization

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Look how industrious I am, three posts in less than two weeks. I'm on a roll now folks! I am feeling so much better and seem to have energy to spare. Some might say I'd be better off using it to tackle the floor-to-ceiling laundry pile before me, but I think in the long run, this will bring much more satisfaction. Those clothes will be dirty again next week, but ahhhhh, the memories I will have captured via the written word.

Jeff is off on his second meeting of the day... the first was a breakfast meeting, the second a lunch meeting. I want meetings! Brittany got inspired to make breakfast for the four of us here at home and set off to the grocery for ingredients. She came home with $16 worth of makings only to realize she bought sausage and hashbrowns that were not microwaveable. She was less than pleased to realize she would have to use skillets and the stove. The end result was just fine though and we all layed on the couch afterwards complaining about our full bellies. I commented at the table that I thought she had prepared a bit too much food, to which David happily responded, "You forget mom, we're the Graves!" I believe that is comment enough!

Brittany and I are headed out for the long-awaited prom dress hunt on Monday. I must confess, I am not looking forward to it. I'm anticipating that we will have a different approach to the whole process. I will immediately head to any rack with a clearance sign on it, whereas Brittany will be gazing around waiting to hear one call to her. I know this is 'a rite of passage' or some such thing as that, and being that she is my only daughter, I should be reveling in this bonding experience. I think I'll take my camera and make a scrapbook moment out of it. I'm sure there were some ideas about that in my magazines...

I must go get Christian dressed. I do not understand that boy's aversion to clothing. I have told him and told him that 50 degrees is not tank top weather, but it is not processing. All three children are involved in a wrestling match on the sofa as we speak. It is all fun and games now, but how long will that last? I shall keep time...

Well, I really should go make some sort of attempt at housework. I should at least make sure everyone's got clean undies for church tomorrow. (About 3-1/2 minutes--it's now all out war!) TTFN...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home