My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I have been married to my hunky husband, Jeff, for 21 years! We have three quirky but quite wonderful children--Brittany (20) David (17) and Christian (14); two neurotic dogs and six black cats. Life is always chaotic in our home, yet I never give up hope that one day I will finally achieve my dream of domestic organization

Sunday, February 05, 2006

The stomach flu has blown through the Graves family, leaving only Brittany unscathed. Oh, how I hate the stomach flu. It is perhaps my most dreaded common ailment. Forget the perhaps, it definitely is. Infact, I am getting nauseous just thinking about it...

We used our down time wisely, viewing the first 8 epidoses of 24--Season 1, and Batman Begins thrown in for Christian. I must admit, I am now hooked and do not think I could possibly watch this series one week at a time. We now have to wait for Netflix to deliver the next episodes and I'm suprisingly and pathetically anxious for them to arrive. This whole Netflix thing was a Christmas present for Jeff. If truth be told (and it must) I had alterior motives, thinking if he had an endless supply of movies to watch, it would certainly give me a few more scrapbooking hours. I was thoughtful in my duplicity however, also gifting him with a DVD player for the bedroom (where coincidence would have it, my scrapbooking desk is located) so we could be in the same room, each enjoying our own hobby, yet still free to interact and gaze adoringly at each other occasionally. I am finding however, that I am becoming a movie junkie. I am also discovering that Jeff has been right all these years when he's insisted he has much better taste in picking movies. He let me sneak one of my choices into the queue. It was horrifically dumb, while his choices have all been quite good.

The prom dress saga continues with a rescheduled trip on Tuesday. I resourcefully located a handful of very lovely, yet affordable dresses on ebay (new with tags, mind you!) however, this was not well received by the child. It is not so much that she minds the idea herself, granted the dress has not previously been worn by a stranger, it is simply that when asked "Where did you get your dress?" she cannot bear the thought of answering "Ebay!" Somehow buying her prom dress on ebay doesn't fit into her whole idea of what the prom experience should be. I am hoping our little excursion will fulfill the need for "an experience!"

I am hoping that our little bout with the flu will ironically prove to inspire us back onto our diets. Hopefully the next time I post, I will happily report that we're going gangbusters and those unsightly pounds will be melting like buttah!

TTFN!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ando said...

Warning: 24 is crack cocaine on television.

And if you ever use the word "buttah" again, I will personally have Jack Bauer come to your house and remove all your nosehairs with needlenose pliers.

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home