My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I have been married to my hunky husband, Jeff, for 21 years! We have three quirky but quite wonderful children--Brittany (20) David (17) and Christian (14); two neurotic dogs and six black cats. Life is always chaotic in our home, yet I never give up hope that one day I will finally achieve my dream of domestic organization

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

We have some new rules in our home. Jeff decided he was tired of all the teasing and bickering going on and was going to put an end to it once and for all. He is giving each family member (yes, I ashamedly admit that we have included ourselves in this endeavor!) $5 worth of quarters to start the week. Each time someone is caught in anything smacking of a tease they must fork over a quarter into the shoebox. At the end of each week the person with the most remaining quarters wins the shoebox booty! We decided to duct tape the box closed to prevent a loss of quarters. We started a "Cruise Fund" with our quarters about a year ago, but sadly enough we all raided it so often that when David counted our haul a month or so ago, we had about $2 in pennies left! I am thoroughly enjoying the whole thing. Usually it is I who come up with these disciplinary gimmicks. Alas, I am also the one who gets mocked without mercy when they fail. Just ask my kids about the "Sock Rules" sometime....

Well... guess who was down to $4.25 about 3 hours into day 1. Yes.... me! I am quite ashamed of myself. I have fallen into an unacceptable habit of sarcasm it seems. Yes, it's true, as hard as it is to believe. I think however, I might benefit from some clarification between teasing and simple parental observations. For example, should a mere observation that my daughter has a blemish on her face that closely resembles a hindu bindi cost me a quarter? I am considering just throwing my quarters into the shoebox and hoping Jeff wins, since what's his is mine...

Today is the much-hyped prom dress trip. I am sure upon our return, I will have much to tell. I may well have made some progress on my ebay campaign.

TTFN!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ando said...

So, could we say you are the Chandler Bing of the Jeff Graves clan?

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home