My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I have been married to my hunky husband, Jeff, for 21 years! We have three quirky but quite wonderful children--Brittany (20) David (17) and Christian (14); two neurotic dogs and six black cats. Life is always chaotic in our home, yet I never give up hope that one day I will finally achieve my dream of domestic organization

Friday, February 24, 2006


Well, here it is... the much-hyped prom dress! And as you can see, one happy 16-year-old as well. After much fruitless searching, I broke down yesterday and ordered a new camera cable from Kodak, the arrival of which I am expecting on Monday. Christian came out this morning carrying a suspiciously familiar cord which he had apparently found in his toybox. Ahhhh, the well-oiled machine I call home.

It is my week for doctor's appointments... I took Brittany to the dermatologist. In walks a doctor with a big mole on the end of his nose. Now, as a many-moled person myself, I am not typically one to poke fun at another's pigmentation problems, however if I were a medical professional with the power to make these little matters disappear, you can bet the house that they'd be gone. It so reminded me of that scene in "Uncle Buck" where John Candy visits his niece's principal and seeing a huge mole on her face mistakenly introduces himself as "Buck Melanoma!"

Yesterday I took David to the orthodontist. He got his braces off! The whole office staff clapped and cheered for him and gave him balloons and a bag of candy, specifically all the things he was not supposed to eat the past two years! I thought it was kind of neat and of course made him pose for a couple of pictures. As I was driving home however, I got to thinking about the $4000 I have paid them over the previous 24 months, and wasn't quite as impressed with their generosity. Oh well, the teeth look great, and I think the neon green glow-in-the-dark retainer will be a nice change of pace for him. I made the receptionist go over the cost of replacement retainers with him, just so he'd know how much he will have to save if he loses these costly bits of plastic!

I am happy to report that I have been eating healthy all morning! Much to my delight, I found a doctor's endorsement on the back of the Baked Lay's bag, with the recommendation to 'indulge sensibly!', so I have been a good patient and obeyed doctor's orders. I feel healthier already!

TTFN!

3 Comments:

Blogger Verasequor said...

Jody,
Your BLOG is much more organized than mine. Loved the story about the quarters. Good idea but I too would lose right away. I'm way too sarcastic around home and sometimes even away from home. BLOGS are good ways for families to keep in touch. Keep it up......hint: verasequor is Uncle Dick

7:32 PM  
Blogger Verasequor said...

Hello Jody and family! How funny and interesting it is to read of your family events/activities -- and I have to also comment that Brittany looks very beautiful in her Prom dress! Would love to see a picture of her Prom beau, as well! Has the Prom happened yet?
Keep up the posts...it is a wonderful way to keep in touch!
Aunt Kathy in Montana

8:12 PM  
Blogger Ando said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home