My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I have been married to my hunky husband, Jeff, for 21 years! We have three quirky but quite wonderful children--Brittany (20) David (17) and Christian (14); two neurotic dogs and six black cats. Life is always chaotic in our home, yet I never give up hope that one day I will finally achieve my dream of domestic organization

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Hello All...

I am sure I have probably lost my readership after this unexcusable absence. I have been busy, yes, I know, a terribly overused excuse, but true nontheless. I have not been feeling particularly witty either. I'm dieting, and I suppose this drains a bit of my jolliness right out of me!

I now sport a really cool hairdo though! I lost patience with my bangs and in a rash moment, I hacked off an inch or so with Christian's school scissors. I instantly regretted it, but alas, it was a bit too late! Now, as my mother-in-law can attest, I am usually quite adept with the hair/scissor combo, but I must have had an off day. Okay, this is not quite the truth. The only time I have ever heard my mother-in-law be mean was when commenting on my hairdressing skills, something about Jeff looking like he'd escaped from an institution... but this was bad even for me! I am now doing that 80's satelite dish thing with my bangs, you know, the big curl and pouf thing, in an attempt to camoflauge the damage. Now would be a good time for me to scrapbook about my inner beauty!

We are nearing the end of the school year, and we're getting antsy for summer to arrive. The kid's have all but checked out already. We are getting lax about adhering to bedtimes, and often find ourselves remembering to shuffle the kids off to bed when we ourselves realize we're tired. We are also smack-dab in the middle of baseball season, when I once again find myself barely able to keep up with the demand for clean uniforms. David is also playing on the golf team as well, which adds to the chaos. I think Christian had popcorn and gatorade for dinner last night, but I can't even definitely confirm that!

We are planting our garden tonight. We're trying to beat a thunderstorm moving in. We hope to have a bounty of tomatoes, cucumbers, jalapenos, zucchini and banana peppers. I had to laugh when we went to buy our triple-12 fertilizer and were asked if the one bag which covers 1100 sq. feet of garden would be enough. I felt momentarily ashamed of our little 5' x 8' plot. Perhaps next year I'll bring a ziplock baggie with me and just ask for a scoop! They take their gardening seriously here. Several times I've been asked how many jars I plan to put back. I don't know what this means, but am going to venture that perhaps they assume I'll be canning! What gardening means to me is... a chance to use all the cute little gardening decorations on a scrapbook page. Oh, I do enjoy the vegetation as well, but that's really just a bonus!

Well, I've got to run. The mail just arrived and around here that has become a bit of a challenge. Our 2-year-old neighbor, Oscar, has beaten us to the punch a couple of times, and he enjoys transferring our mail to his own mailbox. Now I'm happy to pass off any bills, but in the event that I've won a big sweepstakes or such, I'd like first stab at it!

3 Comments:

Blogger Ando said...

If we ever move back there, you and Jen should start a hair salon.

10:09 PM  
Blogger Julie Danielle said...

I am still here too :) You are too funny Jody. I wish we could get together and scrapbook :( It's been too long.

1:42 PM  
Blogger Ando said...

No comments on the awesome Spencer County promo video I made and posted? That hurts.

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home