My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I have been married to my hunky husband, Jeff, for 21 years! We have three quirky but quite wonderful children--Brittany (20) David (17) and Christian (14); two neurotic dogs and six black cats. Life is always chaotic in our home, yet I never give up hope that one day I will finally achieve my dream of domestic organization

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

I think the Graves might finally be healthy! A second wave of the stomach flu passed through our little clan (no pun intended!) bringing with it the end of my compassion toward the sick and ailing in my home. I am tired of sick people! A weak moment found me seriously considering punishing Christian when he complained of a sore throat yesterday. Ahhh, a truly proud parenting moment....

We recently decided to try to transition our outdoor dog into an indoor/outdoor dog. Saturday was our first attempt at bringing her in. Jeff got her freshly bathed and we moved all breakables up high. She did quite well, a little excitable, but all in all she was suprisingly well-behaved. I kid you not though, her breath could have knocked a skunk off it's feet. Are you supposed to brush your dog's teeth? Perhaps some canine binoca would help! Regardless, we are going to have to remedy this pungent problem. Our next step is to introduce the dog to the cat. They observed each other through the glass panes of the french doors, and neither seemed too traumatized by it. Our cat is pretty neurotic. Come to think of it, most of our pets have been a trifle odd! Hmmmm....

It was 75 degrees here today! A welcome relief from the winter cold! I am hoping it means spring is on its way... you know me, can't wait to get my hands in that soil and get my garden going! Well, that should have provided you a good chuckle. My thumbs seems to be just as brown in Indiana. I did try my hand at a small tomato crop in a whiskey barrel on my porch. It was a pitiful sight. Jeff has taken over the family garden. We are still waiting for his cantelope plant from last spring to bloom, but his banana peppers and tomatoes did respectably!

Jeff and I are heading to Nashville for three days next week. Just the two of us! I am so looking forward to it. I have almost talked him into going to the wax museum with me (the fulfilment of a lifelong dream of mine! I dream big huh?) so hopefully I'll have some wonderful things to report on next time!

TTFN!

2 Comments:

Blogger Ando said...

Please, that pun was SOOOO intended.

Jen will be pleased to hear you're finally starting to treat your dog like a human being.

11:19 PM  
Blogger Verasequor said...

LOL! I never get close enough to our pets (cats) to smell their breath and they kind of walk around me too. Next time I have bad breath, which happens all too often with smokers, coffee drinkers,I think I'll breath on one of them and see what happens. Kath's favorite cat crawls into her sink when she's trying to brush her teeth so maybe he's trying to tell her something.

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home