My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I have been married to my hunky husband, Jeff, for 21 years! We have three quirky but quite wonderful children--Brittany (20) David (17) and Christian (14); two neurotic dogs and six black cats. Life is always chaotic in our home, yet I never give up hope that one day I will finally achieve my dream of domestic organization

Saturday, May 27, 2006

SCHOOL IS OUT! Yeah! I think I get as excited about it as my children do. (Christian has six more school days, but for all intents and purposes... SCHOOL IS OUT!) I look so forward to 10 weeks of sheer unscheduled chaos. Not that this is so drastically different from our normal operational mode, but we definitely step up the chaos a notch or two. Of course, after 10 weeks of this, I will be longing for my "routine" (it's all relative) again!

I have attempted to come up with a summer schedule for the family. You see, on paper, I am an organizational wonder. If one could look at my graphically pleasing lists and schedules, they'd be so impressed. My kid's have some of the best looking chore charts I've ever seen. If I could remember to print them out and post them, we'd really have something! I've come up with a list that I think is reasonable and workable, delegating a host of chores to each child. I've allowed for a modest amount of flexibility and negotiation, added a reward/bribery feature, and all in all, I'd say we're good to go! I've put the printing and posting of the schedule on my "to do" list, which I will get to as soon as I print that out! Again, the well-oiled machine I call home...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home