My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I have been married to my hunky husband, Jeff, for 21 years! We have three quirky but quite wonderful children--Brittany (20) David (17) and Christian (14); two neurotic dogs and six black cats. Life is always chaotic in our home, yet I never give up hope that one day I will finally achieve my dream of domestic organization

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A BIRTHDAY BROUHAHA!


I had another opportunity this past weekend to really cherish one of the family pets... It was on Mother's Day no less, just an extra special little gift for me. The culprit was Calli, normally our least troublesome beast. Mother's Day also happened to be someone's birthday this year, so I was busy frosting cupcakes, which I had for some unfathomable reason decided to decorate in the image of the birthday boy. Traditionally I use colored coconut for the hair, but due to a coconut aversion I painstakingly shaved Hershey bars with a vegetable peeler to produce a nice mound of brunette locks. About 2 hours into the project I finally began the decorating process. I was sitting at the kitchen table and had a cookie sheet full of cupcakes on the kitchen chair next to me, which seemed logical and handy as well. Just as I was picking up steam and the M&M's and chocolate were flying, I heard David sternly reprimanding Calli for stealing a cupcake. How she did this without anyone noticing, I do not know, but unbeknownst to us, she's a fairly stealth creature. I quickly picked up the tray to get it out of harm's way only to notice that not just one cupcake had gone missing, but 11. Furthermore, their was evidence in the form of 10 partially chewed up cupcake wrappers behind the recliner in the family room. Yes, this was accomplished in a matter of probably less than 10 minutes. I was incredulous and appalled at the incredibly piggish behavior of a beloved member of my family, a creature I lovingly feed and care for (okay, not really, I pretty much leave that to others, but I do buy the dog food and remind people to brush and feed her!)

Suffice it to say, the offender was banned to the out of doors for the next 48 hours, perchance the red velvet cake were to make an appearance in an altered form! I'm pleased to tell you that in the end everything came out okay (no pun intended) and both beast and birthday boy survived!

6 Comments:

Blogger Ando said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:21 AM  
Blogger Ando said...

Dogs can consume at unbelievable speeds. Jackson once inhaled a sizeable wedge of brie on Christmas Day three years ago in about 2.4 seconds. I don't even think he chewed it. It was like those cartoons when someone swallows a wedge of cheese and you can see the shape of it stuck in their throat. Then there was the dozen chocolate chip cookies, box of junior mints, loaf of garlic bread, half a DiGiorno pizza, and countless dirty socks he's nabbed over the years.

11:21 AM  
Blogger jenylu said...

I'm so excited -- another post!!! I laughed and laughed!! You are so funny -- I'm sure some day when your children are rising up and calling you blessed, they will recall the special cupcakes you modeled after them. I can't believe Calli ate 11 of those beside you without you noticing -- that is just too funny.
Hey, you're much funnier than I am -- how about you keep posting on your blog and I'll keep letting people know you've posted on mine! :)

6:59 PM  
Blogger Drama Queen said...

yay, another post!!! haha i can picture the guilty look on Cali's face after eating the cakes.

12:16 PM  
Blogger Becca Sports said...

I'm so excited, another post! I've missed your posts, they make my day...and I needed a laugh this week. I love the idea of cupcakes decorated into "kid" likeness. I think that the dog would be dead in my house if it ate one of my decorated cakes that I've done for the girls...they take me around 3-4 hours to decorate. :) I would not be happy. I'm glad everything turned out okay though.

10:14 PM  
Blogger Megan @ SimplyThrifty said...

The resemblance to the cupcake was stunning! I'm glad the dog was okay. That's a lot of cupcakes. Reminds me of a dog we had at the vet clinic. It was backed up and they were trying to get things moving...when they finally did "get things moving" they had 11 socks to show for it!! (The in-laws had just left...w/o a few of their possessions).

12:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home