My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I have been married to my hunky husband, Jeff, for 21 years! We have three quirky but quite wonderful children--Brittany (20) David (17) and Christian (14); two neurotic dogs and six black cats. Life is always chaotic in our home, yet I never give up hope that one day I will finally achieve my dream of domestic organization

Monday, October 02, 2006

A BIT OF EXCITEMENT IN OUR SMALL BLIP!


We'll we've had a bit of excitement in our small blip on the map! Extreme Home Makeover has been filming an episode about 10 miles from our house in the tiny town of St. Meinrad. There have been Ty spottings galore, although come to find out, he isn't really even there for most of the event, basically just the beginning and the end! Makes one wonder how he gets that special, secret room done! Could it be we are being snookered by a reality TV show? Surely not!

Brittany and her friends are playing hookie from school today and hanging out at the EHM site (which leads into the real purpose of my blog.) They plan to be there to participate in the "Move that Bus!" ceremony. Rumor has it that Rascal Flatts will be there as well, so between the bus, Ty and Rascal Flatts, that's a pretty big draw in a town where someone fainting in the post office brings out every law enforcement officer (employed and volunteer!) in a 30 mile radius!

The girls plan to be out at the site by 11:00am, in plenty of time for the 2:00pm reveal. They are all congregating at our house this morning and going out for breakfast before the big event. Brittany's best friend Kelsie had shown up a little earlier than the rest while Jeff was taking the boys to school, but I had assumed he knew she was here by her bright yellow truck parked in front of our house! Apparently he is not very observant in the morning, because not 5 minutes after arriving back home, he came out to the living room to hunt for a pair of jeans in the laundry piles I had sorted on the sofa! Problem: he was only wearing his boxers! In hindsight, I should have just whispered to him, but Brittany and I both kind of panicked and shrieked, "Jeff, Kelsie is here!" I wish I could accurately describe the look on his face as he hot-footed it back into the bedroom. I looked up to see the equally horrified look on Kelsie's face. The girl's and I immediately burst out laughing, but Jeff didn't recover quite as well. I found him back in bed with the covers pulled to his neck! I don't believe he plans to leave the confines of the bed again until the girls are all safely out of the house!

I am always glad when someone besides myself provides the entertainment! I hope one day not to have the highest 'embarrassing moment' tally!

8 Comments:

Blogger Ando said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:42 AM  
Blogger Ando said...

You and Brittany may have saved a life. Maybe two.

11:43 AM  
Blogger Peter Brown said...

I love it! Poor Jeff, I can see myself doing this exact same thing.

I hope he isn't too scarred from the experience.

12:19 PM  
Blogger Becca Sports said...

That was classic! Wayne and I had a great laugh over this one. Wayne told me to tell Jeff that at least it was boxers and not whitey tighties!

3:07 PM  
Blogger J Crew said...

ROFLOL. That is amazing.

5:32 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

This was toooooo funny!!! However, I have to admit I was really interested in the Extreme Makeover happening near your home and think it is very cool that your daughter is going to be there for the reveal! Very cool!!!!!!

5:37 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

LOL. It's nice to know Jeff has kept up his track record of embarassing moments. Some things I could do without knowing about my teachers and youth pastors, and this is one of them. Is that a little grey hair I see in his picture???

1:23 PM  
Blogger jenylu said...

Good thing it wasn't Jeff with you on the cruise--he might have walked out into that hallway with you! :)

2:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home