My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I have been married to my hunky husband, Jeff, for 21 years! We have three quirky but quite wonderful children--Brittany (20) David (17) and Christian (14); two neurotic dogs and six black cats. Life is always chaotic in our home, yet I never give up hope that one day I will finally achieve my dream of domestic organization

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Call Me June... (this is for you Sarah!)

Well, I've changed my blog user name... After switching computers and losing her bookmarks, my sister was searching for the Indiana Update and attempted to find it by browsing "Amazon Temptress" only to be given several unsavory options. We certainly cannot have that! Therefore I have attempted to choose a more wholesome name, and since I am often compared to June Cleaver, I thought this appropriate. We are thinking of changing Christian's name to Beaver as well.

"The Amazon Temptress" hails back to a birthday greeting that Jeff and I gave my sister years ago with a funny cartoon which said "Happy Birthday from the Jungle Stud and his Amazon Temptress." It garnered many laughs and we have referred to it often in the ensuing years. However, I am now officially retiring it in the name of good taste and from this moment forward, just call me June...

8 Comments:

Blogger Ando said...

Next month should we call you July?

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Umm June...I like the new name. :) Your blog always makes me smile. When I need a pick me up moment, I read your posts. I especially loved the one with the tornado horns and VChristian. :) Ah the joys of living in the midwest.

Thanks for changing your posting options! Maybe one day soon I'll join the "crowd" and get a blog.

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh aunty jody, how i love to read your blog.....i must say that june does seem to fit you well!!

6:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh i forgot to leave my name in my comment...it's me anna, your most favoritest neice that lives in sunny southern california

6:18 PM  
Blogger Call Me June... said...

Anna! Oh how I miss you! I am so glad you are reading my blog so you can stay apprised of my fascinating life! (-: You need to come visit me!

8:22 PM  
Blogger Ando said...

Tell me June, what sort of engineering do you do?

11:33 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I just figured out from reading the comments what the, "this is for you Sarah!" means and the funny part to me is that if I had to make a guess, I think Chris made the comment because if Sarah is like me, she doesn't have an RSS reader (and I don't know what one is - she might) - - - just my guess :):):):):):):)

9:37 AM  
Blogger Sarah Kuhner said...

I was so lost reading your title. I couldn't figure out if you meant me or someone else. I'm glad Stephanie made her comment b/c it helped me get a clue. I asked Chris and he did make the comment about a title. Got it now and I'm not so confused anymore. Good to hear from you and see how you guys are doing.

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home