My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I have been married to my hunky husband, Jeff, for 21 years! We have three quirky but quite wonderful children--Brittany (20) David (17) and Christian (14); two neurotic dogs and six black cats. Life is always chaotic in our home, yet I never give up hope that one day I will finally achieve my dream of domestic organization

Friday, June 02, 2006

Well, we're almost through with our first week of summer vacation... Brittany has spent one night at home, we've had three baseball games and a golf match postponed due to rain, our car battery died in the parking lot of holiday world while picking David up from work, Brittany hates her job because someone left dirty boxers and fake poo in one of the campers she cleans, Christian is banned from TV, computer games, PS2 and just about everything good in his life for the next 2 weeks, Jeff's "Honey-do" list is not getting much smaller due to the insane amount of rain we've had, and I tripped and fell on the stairs at church and have a bruised-up leg, although the only thing really hurt was my pride! We have however, rather loosely kept to "the schedule" so all in all, I'm pretty happy with the week.

I have been discouraged with this blogging thing lately. I did not have a single comment on my last blog, however my husband received 7 or 8 comments for NOT blogging! This doesn't seem quite fair in my book. I was actually rather pleased with my previous blog, thinking it was rather entertaining, although my husband said it was a smidge self-deprecating, but nary a comment did I receive. I suppose this shouldn't be that important to me, I should write solely for the love of it, for the sheer joy I receive in capturing the trivia of my life on paper. But alas, I am a hopeless praise-monger, and I like to feel like you are all on the edge of your seat, chomping at the bit to keep up on the goings on of the Indiana Graves! Surely life just isn't complete without it!

On a good note, Christian and I are done with our Father's Day shopping. 2-1/2 weeks early to boot! I can't tell you what we bought, since my husband occasionally reads my blog, because of course, I ask him to! Suffice it to say, I think we've been rather creative this year and found some goodies he will not be expecting but will enjoy! Jeff is so clever at figuring out his gifts and it frustrates me to no end. For Christmas I knew he would be expecting some of the items, as they were right off his list (figuratively, he doesn't actually make a list!) but I thought I had come up with two pretty good ones, a subscription to Netflix and "A Mighty Wind" DVD. He hadn't mentioned them, we hadn't discussed them, there was no possible reason why he should have been even thinking about them, but lo and behold about a week before Christmas he just guessed them right out of the blue. I think I picked up one of the boxes and smacked him over the head with it. Anyways, I think I have a chance at suprising him this time. I will say no more, lest I give him a hint!

The laundry is calling my name, must go!

8 Comments:

Blogger Peter Brown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:04 AM  
Blogger Peter Brown said...

What is at about laundry that is never ending? I take a small amount of pleasure in knowing that no matter how much is taken out, there will always be laundry in the basket. Sort of a security blanket! I wish the bank could work this out the same way.

From one hopeless praise-monger to another

-Peter Brown

11:06 AM  
Blogger Call Me June... said...

Thank you Peter! I decided whoever cared about me enough to leave me a comment would be my new best friend! So do you scrapbook?

2:14 PM  
Blogger Ando said...

I counted. You beat him by one, 9-8, in time that he didn't blog.

Yeah, I'm a comment junkie too. I just havn't had the guts (or desperation) to beg for them yet. I salute you!

4:20 PM  
Blogger Megan @ SimplyThrifty said...

Well, I guess it's time I revealed that I've been blog-stalking you for a couple weeks now. :) I found you through Julie's blog. I enjoy your writing style...even if I don't leave comments. I also thought the "golf-ball sized hailballs" were really cool the other day! I shared the picture and your story with my husband. :) -Megan

11:46 PM  
Blogger Julie Danielle said...

I am here too :) I hate when I get no comments too but it is weird because sometimes that happends. Then the next post could have 5...that's the blogging world for you :)

Good for you getting the Father's Day shopping done early :)

11:13 AM  
Blogger Peter Brown said...

I'm honoured, what's a scrapbook :) - you keep bloggin' we're all riveted to the monitor

7:02 PM  
Blogger Ando said...

Look at all those commments!

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home