My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I have been married to my hunky husband, Jeff, for 21 years! We have three quirky but quite wonderful children--Brittany (20) David (17) and Christian (14); two neurotic dogs and six black cats. Life is always chaotic in our home, yet I never give up hope that one day I will finally achieve my dream of domestic organization

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Well, I'm feeling rather ashamed of myself and my blatant comment seeking. Thank you to those of you who took mercy on me in my mire of insecurity! (A special thanks to my new best friend Peter, who started the comment ball rolling!) I had to deliver a lecture to one of my offspring this morning on the danger of indulging ourselves in self-pity, and I think some of it sunk in, for me at least! I shall endeavor to continue my blogging simply for the sheer joy it brings me, and the opportunity it provides to keep my typing skills finely honed!

Brittany is in a bit of a spat with her boyfriend this evening. This is not a completely uncommon occurrence. 17-year-old boys (I had originally inserted a reference to his home school years, but Jeff told me I should delete it!) are not the most sensitive souls, not especially gifted at reading the varying emotions of 16-year-old girls. I love Christian romance novels, and will gladly stay up until 3:00am reading a good one, but let me just say, not too many men-folk of my acquaintance can interpret a woman's thoughts simply by the observing a slight downward turn of her chin. I've sent David in to do the periodic eavesdropping, and I drop in with the occasional reminder to behave in a way that would be pleasing to the Lord. Jeff and I are not real believers in the "children need their privacy" theory (although I'd like to add a disclaimer that I do not publish anything about my family on this blog without asking their permission!) We subscribe more to the "your business is our business" school of thought!

Jeff and I are contemplating the purchase of a power washer. I have decided this is a household chore that I enjoy a great deal. There is something so satisfying about blasting cobwebs, bird droppings and bugs off the side of the house with an incredibly powerful water wand. It is much more satisfying than oh say, spending hours lovingly washing, folding and putting away a child's laundry only to find it in the hamper hours later, sometimes still folded, occasionally even still on a hangar!

6 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Kuhner said...

Jody,

You need to learn to add a title so that my RSS reader doesn't freak out when trying to use the first paragraph as the title to your post. Just a little constructive criticism ;) Keep up the good work!

12:23 AM  
Blogger Ando said...

If you make reference to the fact that you were going to make a comment about "his home school years" but didn't, aren't you really still doing it?

Also, few things are as exhilarating as power washing. Godspeed!

12:38 AM  
Blogger Peter Brown said...

When my girls are old enough to date I find that list of "rules for dating my daughter". One was talking about where they could go. "The movies are ok...old folks homes are better. "

7:19 PM  
Blogger Julie Danielle said...

I am still trying to get over the fact that Brittany is old enough to have a boyfriend :)

6:35 AM  
Blogger Peter Brown said...

The trick would be getting men to read it. I think there are a lot of books for men, that will never see the open air. What you need is a primer like:

1- don't be stupid
2- when in doubt, don't say it, just smile
3- if you weren't listening see step 2
4- tone done "manly sounds"

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bush goes ballistic about other countries being evil and dangerous, because they have weapons of mass destruction. But, he insists on building up even a more deadly supply of nuclear arms right here in the US. What do you think? What is he doing to us, and what is he doing to the world?
If ever there was ever a time in our nation's history that called for a change, this is it!
The more people that the government puts in jails, the safer we are told to think we are. The real terrorists are wherever they are, but they aren't living in a country with bars on the windows. We are.

5:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home