My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I have been married to my hunky husband, Jeff, for 21 years! We have three quirky but quite wonderful children--Brittany (20) David (17) and Christian (14); two neurotic dogs and six black cats. Life is always chaotic in our home, yet I never give up hope that one day I will finally achieve my dream of domestic organization

Monday, August 28, 2006

SENIOR PICTURES!

I am officially old enough to be sorting through senior picture proofs with a child I gave birth to. Wherever did the time go? Are our children catching up with us, or am I actually 17 years older than I was the day I lay in that hospital bed feeling as if I was birthing a Volkswagen? Alas, I believe it is the latter, and I am fast approaching the big 4-0! (Well in reality I am fast approaching the big 3-8, but the other will be here in a wink)

Back to those senior pictures. An interesting experience, one I enjoyed thoroughly. I have found it interesting however to discuss the process with the other mothers at church. On one hand my dear Brittany found the whole thing exhilarating and would have continued posing indefinitely had the photographer wished her to. We debated for weeks over which outfits would look the best and painstakingly narrowed it down to eight! We spent many, many hours shopping for and coordinating the perfect jewelry, accessories and make-up, and of course the manicure and pedicure. We agonized over just the perfect hairstyle for each ensemble, and truth-be-told, we both loved every minute of it. The 6 hours spent posing were a hoot, and gobs of fun! On the other hand, the young men at church took a completely different approach. They grudgingly spent a few minutes picking two shirts that would match their jeans well enough, and were adamant that they be in and out in an hour. The whole of which they found rather tedious. And we wonder why men find us women so hard to figure out!

I will get my turn at experiencing the other end of things. David greatly dislikes posing for pictures and I am usually able at best to capture an awkward and pained expression on his face. I have learned to try to catch him unawares and have found the results much better. Christian is a bit less camera-shy, and while he doesn't always give me a nice, sweet pose, he certainly likes to jump into as many candid shots as he can. As a result, I have dozens of pictures with his goofy little face peeking into the corner. I guess it's not necessarily just a gender thing!

Perchance you are completely eager to view Brittany's proofs... you can do so at victoryphotography.biz (password: brittany)

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jody, I am so very glad to have enjoyed you twice now! Good to hear about you. pray for you
Luke started the college search this past summer. Just curious where Brittany is thinking. Nto Moody? Which school?s in CA? Details if you can.

9:02 AM  
Blogger J Crew said...

Senior pictures. Wow. I now feel old. Those pictures of Christian and David are hilarious.

11:21 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Great pictures - thanks for sharing!

Oh - thanks for the link - you will be added to my list - yea!

5:35 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I checked out her proofs - great pictures - that will be a hard choice. I really liked the last few - in the jacket outdoors - the last one was one I thought was really nice! Thanks for sharing.

9:17 PM  
Blogger jenylu said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the whole "Senior Pics with a girl" process -- I'm equally glad I get to ease into it with the boy before I take it on with my girls!(Sounds exhausting!!)

Way to go with the links!!

Michelle & I looked through the links yesterday -- they were all quite lovely. :)

10:43 PM  
Blogger jenylu said...

I just read my comment again -- I meant Michelle & I looked through Brit's proofs! (Although the links were lovely too)

12:36 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Hi Jody!!
Brittany looks so beautiful! I still remember that DC Talk concert we all went to. Fun times. I miss seeing you around.

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well i'm starting to feel left out of the blogging world, but alas my life is not all that exciting...anyways, it was fun to see britt this summer, i just really want to know when the "cousins" all became so stylish and beautiful and why on earth did that gene completely skip me, "the older cool cousin"
=-)

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home