My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I have been married to my hunky husband, Jeff, for 21 years! We have three quirky but quite wonderful children--Brittany (20) David (17) and Christian (14); two neurotic dogs and six black cats. Life is always chaotic in our home, yet I never give up hope that one day I will finally achieve my dream of domestic organization

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

SUMMER

Hello all...

Summer is here in full humid swing! I have had to add coolant to the car twice, my neck got so hot I cut my hair 3" shorter, and the A/C is running pretty much 24/7! I am however, learning to barbecue. Jeff has been gone quite a bit this past month or two, and I decided that it was time I was able to grill meat myself. I started small with some sausages (precooked meat that only gets better as it burns!) and I must say, they turned out quite well. My first attempt at chicken was a bit less successful and I have realized that I am not especially fond of sticking my hand into burning flames. Nevertheless, I persist in my quest to provide delicious charbroiled meals for my loved ones!

Summer has been a bit quiet so far. Brittany and David are both working so much and Christian spends much of his day off on adventures with neighborhood friends, so I am finding myself alone quite a bit. I'm not enjoying it like I thought I might! I find the house too quiet and rather lonely. Perhaps I am fonder of the chaos than I realized. We did have a nice visit from Grandma, and are preparing for a whole slew of relatives this next week. We have all sorts of fun things planned and eagerly anticipate their arrival!

Brittany turned 17 yesterday. I can't believe she is growing up so quickly. About this time next year we will probably be busy getting her all prepared to leave for college. She has had a difficult week. She and her boyfriend of 1-1/2 years broke up and she is feeling pretty brokenhearted. I, in turn, have found it hard to watch her hurting, but have been so thankful to see her turn to the Lord with her sadness. She is growing up to be a godly young lady and although I find myself just wanting time to slow down a bit, I know the Lord is going to do great things with her life.

Not quite my usual lighthearted fare, but sometimes life doesn't always feel so lighthearted. It's been a difficult week, but also a reminder that God is so good, so faithful and his love is unfailing!

7 Comments:

Blogger Julie Danielle said...

I can't believe Brittany is 17 already!!! Does she have any idea where she wants to go to college? Break-ups are hard :( I will be praying for her. Enjoy the heat!!!

11:27 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Coming from the Mid-Missouri area, I can relate to the humidity and heat! No fun!!!!!!!! Last week when it was really hot in Santa Rosa, Jeremy said, "You should be used to this." I replied that, "Yes, but in MIssouri, I would be in an air conditioned house - not sitting in the heat!" Things may be tough - but what a blessing to watch your daughter grown into a godly woman. That is awesome!

6:36 PM  
Blogger jbau said...

Oh, no more Gumdrop! I know it's hard, but God will grow her through this. If it makes her feel better, tell her he really does look like Harry Potter.
As for being lonely, that is all about to change because I'm going to be with you for a whole 4 days! Aren't you excited Jody?!
Really, we'll have so much. Should I bring my scrapbooking stuff? Will we have time?

11:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe the "cousins" are all getting so old, it makes me feel old and i don't like...well i hope you had fun with my fam. sounds like you guys were livin' it up!!

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

long time no update people... I have to know what's going on in my future town

5:26 PM  
Blogger Peter Brown said...

We're dying for an update. I'm still disappointed that we never got the Fathers day update, especially after all the pro-gift propaganda.

So... what's up in Indiana?

12:17 PM  
Blogger Julie Danielle said...

Update, update, update :)

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home