My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I have been married to my hunky husband, Jeff, for 21 years! We have three quirky but quite wonderful children--Brittany (20) David (17) and Christian (14); two neurotic dogs and six black cats. Life is always chaotic in our home, yet I never give up hope that one day I will finally achieve my dream of domestic organization

Friday, May 23, 2008

A funny thing happened to Jeff a few weeks ago...

Due to budget constraints, we celebrated our 20th anniversary very economically. We spent the day at Barnes & Noble, reading and drinking Starbuck's goodness! It was thoroughly delightful, and there was nary a child to complain about how boring bookstores are. The only blight on the day was the loss of Jeff's cell phone. We searched high and low, even asking several patrons if we could dig through the chairs they were sitting in, but alas, the errant phone was never found. Fortunately David's best friend, Joseph Lin kindly provided Jeff with a phone he was no longer using. It would be impossible to describe the unique friendship that David and Joseph share, but let's just say that they share a mutual love and fascination for flatulence. Oddly enough, they get a kick out of their cell phone rings for each other that replicate the noises one might make...okay I'm having a very difficult time talking around this, their cell phone rings for each other are a series of loud, obnoxious farting noises.

So... shortly after Jeff started using Joseph's phone (and before he had changed any of Joseph's old settings) he made a trip to our bank. He was at the teller window, innocently making a deposit when David called for a ride home, causing the cell phone in Jeff's front pants pocket to begin loudly "ringing." The teller discretely pretended she didn't notice while Jeff frantically fumbled around trying to turn it off, but I'm betting that she had something to say about it after he left.

Jeff changed the settings on his phone later that day, and has been avoiding the bank for awhile.

7 Comments:

Blogger Pops said...

That has to be the best story I've heard in a long time! Thanks for brightening my whole day!

8:07 PM  
Blogger Ando said...

That is awesome!

Jen and I have found B&N to be a great place for cheap dates too.

10:54 AM  
Blogger Becca Sports said...

That made my day! I had a great laugh. It is GREAT to have you back!!!

9:02 PM  
Blogger jenylu said...

I love this story -- it has been the source of seemingly spontaneous out-loud-laughter everytime I think about it! :) Glad you finally included it in your blog!!

10:47 AM  
Blogger Peter Brown said...

HA! HA!

Oh this is awesome. I always feel better knowing that there is someone else who shares my frequent misfortune of finding themselves in embarrassing situations!

This one is an absolute gem!

11:54 AM  
Blogger Megan @ SimplyThrifty said...

You guys have the best stories ever! Phil and I also enjoy B & N dates...it all started in college. Unfortunately, we have none near us so it's a treat when we get to enjoy one. Happy Anniversary!

1:24 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

This is hilarious! What a great story!!!!!!!!!

3:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home